Air Conditioning Service
It is important to regularly maintain air conditioning. As modern day vehicles carry air conditioning and climate control systems, it is important to have them serviced on a regular basis. We generally recommend around once every two years to have the air conditioning looked at.
The air conditioning system in your car plays a significant role. Not only does it regulate car temperature, it also demists the windows and clean the air. The cabin filter keeps your air fresh by filtering out exhaust fumes, pollen and other pollutants.
All air conditioning systems need maintaining. They can lose up to 10% of gas each year. Unless this is replaced, you will experience reduction and the efficient cooling or heating of the passenger cabin. Over time, the filter can also get clogged up with dirt and becomes less effective.
An old filter is dirty and can lead to unpleasant odors and allergy problems. Therefore, to keep your air conditioning functioning effectively, it is better getting it checked by Auto Excel professionals, who know everything about air conditioners.
The service takes quite a short time. We will essentially take all of the old gas from the system and any oil contaminants. We will then recycle the gas and put it back into the vehicle testing thoroughly and make sure that the system is working within the pressures, and also making sure that the temperatures at the vents will be of the coldest level.
Air Conditioning Service includes:
- Inspect system for leaks (hoses, couplings, valves, evaporator, etc.)
- Recover any old refrigerant
- Remove refrigerant and store in an environmentally safe storage and recycling unit
- Evacuate the system – minimum 30 minutes
- Inspect and adjust drive belt tension
- Clean condenser fins if needed
- Remove moisture which can cause a chemical reaction with the refrigerant resulting in corrosion, contamination and eventual system failure
- Test compressor operation
- Fill with proper O.E. amount of refrigerant (refrigerant extra)
- Pressure test and check for leaks
- Check output temperature
- Check proper operations of controls, blower motor and cooling fan (engine)
- Check antifreeze (engine coolant)