If the vehicle’s engine misfires, stalls, hesitates, is difficult to start, has poor mileage or has started harmful emissions, then it is only time you get tune-up service.
This is not be mistaken during winter. During cold times, cold temperature causes the engine charging system to work way harder than it’s supposed to. Winter fuel have less energy than summer fuel, therefore, they don’t deliver as expected. A tune-up is not really necessary because the major factor is the weather.
So how do you know you need a tune-up service?
- A clogged engine air filter – this reduces acceleration than fuel economy and the filter gets dirty over time
- Engine deposits – Caused by low quality or contaminated fuel, it creates drivability problems and the only fix could be a fuel system clean-up.
- An illuminated check engine light – “Check engine” light or “service engine soon” light remains on after initial start. When it lights up, it definitely means something is amiss and needs to be checked immediately.
- An old oxygen sensor – after 90,000 miles, it may not trigger the engine light and this affects engine performance by increasing more internal problems such as damaged valves.
- A misfiring engine – if the spark plugs ignite at the wrong time, this could be as a result of a bad spark plug which also causes low fuel economy, a hard start-up, and sluggish acceleration.
- Decreased gas mileage
- Low power
- “Rough” running engine or stalling when stopped
- Engine knocking during acceleration, or running on after the ignition is turned off
Regular tune-ups bring efficiency and great performance back to your vehicle. What are some of the tune-up services you will get from Auto Excel?
- Visual inspection of engine components
- Air filter replacement
- Fuel filter replacement